View Single Post
Old November 2, 2011   #23
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Roasted Carrot Soup
posted by Michelle Schoffro Cook
Sep 17, 2009 1:00 pm

It’s a rainy day here in Canada’s beautiful rainforest. While the ancient cedars and diverse wildlife add to the majesty of the Clayoquot Sound region, the rain and dampness that sustains these precious trees and creatures can leave me feeling a bit chilly. And what could be more warming than a nice homemade bowl of soup? Well, maybe a nice homemade bowl of soup, a long soak in a hot bath, and afterward curling up by the fire cuddled with my hubby.

Before I head to the kitchen to start making Roasted Carrot Soup, I thought, why not share this delicious (and oh so simple!) recipe with everyone else who is in need of some warming comfort food that’s full of nutrition? So, here’s one of my favourites, from my new book, The Life Force Diet. Hope you enjoy it. And maybe when I’m done, I’ll head for that bath and some serious cuddle-time with my husband, Curtis. Now that’s a perfect rainy day forecast!

The Life Force Diet Roasted Carrot Soup

Serves 2 to 4

INGREDIENTS
6 large carrots, chopped

2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

2 cloves garlic (whole)

1/2 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. Himalayan crystal or Celtic sea salt

1/2 Dash cayenne pepper

3 – 4 cups water, depending on preferred thickness

DIRECTIONS
1. Saute carrots in olive oil over low to medium heat until softened.

2. Add whole garlic cloves and continue sauteing until garlic is soft and carrots are lightly browned.
3. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

4. Heat and serve. If using a Vita-Mix blender, continue blending until soup is hot; then serve immediately. If not, then blend all ingredients together, heat, and serve.

Serving suggestions: Top with a handful of raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds.

Excerpted from The Life Force Diet (Wiley, 2009). Copyright Michelle Schoffro Cook
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, ROHP, RNCP is a best-selling and six-time book author and doctor of natural medicine, whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. Learn more at: www.TheLifeForceDiet.com.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/roa...#ixzz1cYS5LYVn
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote