View Single Post
Old May 18, 2017   #10
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Good for you! I could easily name about a dozen people who have been diagnosed and prescribed a cpap, but their machine has been shoved in a closet and ignored. My husband uses his faithfully and on the rare nights he dozes off without it, I wake him up so that he can put it on.

I remember the first week or two after he got it he and the difference in how much better both of us felt. It made us realize just how sleep deprived we had been.

The way I proved to him he needed to go get evaluated was by using our camera (this was the pre-smartphone era) to take a short video of him while he slept. I showed it to him the next day, and he immediately called his doctor and requested a referral to a sleep lab. A couple of friends have done the same with their mates.
It's hard to get used to using a mask. Getting comfortable and not having what's called washout happen while your sleeping. It is the hardest part and moving around too. The way I fixed most of that issue is to hang the tube above my head on the headboard with a towel draped under it. This keeps it from moving too much but helps keep the washout water from getting into my mask. It also keeps most of it above my head, making moving easier.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote