View Single Post
Old January 11, 2009   #34
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Only 1/2 million people in the whole state. Wyoming is like a hold-over from the 40's...they REALLY hate anything having to do with government here. No State tax, no inventory tax, Right To Work state, business license/resale license costs 50.00, no building permits (maybe in the actual "town" limits) lowest property taxes in the country (we have oil, coal, natural gas and bentonite and they make these companies pay dearly for doing business here, they basically fund all the schools and all the highway/road/bridge infrastructure) This state has had over a 10 million dollar budget SURPLUS every year for 16 years in a row. Rural Electric authority co-op so cheap power. Compared to other states, we have it made. And lest you all think we live in the artic tundra...I am at 4,000 foot elevation, far northern end of the state and I have NO SNOW! We have had one snowfall since winter and it melted off in two days. We go most of the winter with no snow. The mountains, like Jackson Hole, etc get the snow. I am surrounded by mountains on 3 sides and they take it all. We are also all flood irrigated which is 11.00 per acre, all the water you can use April through October.
Are you packing yet???
brokenbar is offline   Reply With Quote