View Single Post
Old June 19, 2018   #33
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Salsa.
I need to get a current shot tonight. The cukes are up to the trusses now. That last shot is already 2 weeks old.
I have seedless water melons now too in the forefront that you cant see in those pics. Thats why so much space is blank to allow for the vines. Not the best use of the tunnel real estate, but I have everything else I wanted in there for this year. I am using this tunnel for personal food production, enjoyment, and experimenting.
I have already given away 30 cukes, and about 10 lbs of lettuce. I will have about 175 onions ready soon. I will be giving them away to anyone I see. Tomatoes should start breaking from green any minute now. I will probably have 20-30 lbs to give away off the first pick.
I have spent so many years learning and trying, and trying to grow to sell, that I lost sight of why it is was fun. And I was producing nothing for me and my family/friends/co-workers. So I decided to not use this tunnel for commercial tomato production like I intended when I signed up for the NRCS grant in 2016.
Still trying to find a crop to supplement my off-farm income, hence the cutflower trial this year. But I'm at the point where it has to come second to actually enjoying growing and having what I have going on across the span of the operation.
It has been really satisfying so far. I did my first tomato cross ever in here and hope to grow the F1 seeds out for a fall harvest to see how it tastes...

Last edited by PureHarvest; June 19, 2018 at 03:08 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote