View Single Post
Old January 11, 2018   #9
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Maglia Rosa, Cole, and Sol Guld (I was misspelling that sol gold for a while) have all been good to me. I have an early red saladette called Aura that I like, and another early red called Agatha. I think both have Soviet origins.

Mat-Su Express is just as early as most of my determinates. I also like Babushkin Potseluy. It reminds me of a yellow Mat-Su. 100 Pudov is another early variety that was a good market tomato for me. It has a unique wrinkled shoulder look.

Someone on here shared a variety they call Taos Trail with me. It shows a lot of promise as an all-purpose red tomato for market. It was fairly compact, can't remember if it was determinate or not. The flavor was as good as Big Beef and the yield was excellent.

And yes, I have seeds if anyone wants some. Be advised, I also have soil disease. I don't seem to have it in my seeds, though. They are processed in Oxy Clean, and I sell and give away a couple thousand plants every spring, all to good reviews.
Thanks Cole, I would like to try....Cole I cant find it for sale anywhere. I will need to research the others. I think I'm just going to start breeding my own early det's. I'm thinking I could cross Big Hill with with a few other early reds and blacks and go from there. Most seeds I get from cooler climates just don't do well here. As soon as it gets hot, which can be as early as mid April, they drop flowers and in general stop producing/growing. I could grow R&R hybrid dets ofc (and heck I probably should) but I don't want to grow tomatoes I wouldn't eat.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote