View Single Post
Old December 5, 2018   #15
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Fooled You tasted like a green bell for me. It wasn't bad, but I just couldn't distinguish the taste any from green bell pepper. I could see the novelty of wanting a small pepper to stuff for those who are averse to regular jalapenos.
Cole, that's what I think Jalapeno M tastes like when seeded and the inside walls scraped. We used to substitute Jalapenos cleaned that way for green bell peppers because it was cheaper to buy jalapenos than bell peppers.

I actually doubted starting this thread because of knowing what we both wrote above. I am hoping that there is a very mild jalapeno that tastes like a hot jalapeno but without the heat. I just looked up 'Capsaicin and flavor.' This site explains a lot, and I hope everyone who likes any heat level peppers reads it. https://scienceandfooducla.wordpress.../17/capsaicin/

Of course it has to be a nerve signals to the brain thing. If anyone
should have known that - it would be me. (For the 1% of the people reading this that doesn't know - I have two nerve diseases that sends false nerve signals to my brain.) ...more to think about.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote