View Single Post
Old November 23, 2007   #33
montanamato
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn....I always figured that spelling was a typo...You are right it is not one of the first in my garden, but pretty much everything ripens the last week of August and I lose track...

Bark...Redskin started out early and fairly productive , but then came to a halt after the 3 weeks of near 100...It set heavily late again once temps moderated, so don't know what it would do in a normal year...The plants are wimpy and mine sprawled on the ground...Fruit was not pretty or round, sort of oblong....Taste is much like an oxheart and texture is super...
Basket Vee is a better plant that supports itself and produces well...Flavor not as good as Redskin, but fruit is more eye appealing and the flavor was very good by my standards...It was definately early as I planted it out the end of June and it still beat most of my varieties to ripeness.

Jeanne

Oh Cosm. Volkov was pretty late for me too, but a friend I gave a seedling to had a great harvest and some really large fruit...I should probably try it again I suppose....

Last edited by montanamato; November 23, 2007 at 06:46 PM. Reason: memory lapse
montanamato is offline   Reply With Quote