View Single Post
Old October 24, 2010   #12
kath
Tomatovillian™

I still have 40+ plants standing and their leaves weren't affected by the frost and 34 F. temps early Sat. Anything with a hint of blush was harvested late Fri. because of the forecast, though. The tomatoes haven't been ripening well at all for the last couple weeks here either. Not sure if the nice week they're predicting can help the greenies that are left, but I'm in no rush to remove plants with good sized fruits and a completely new growth of healthy leaves, so we'll see. Still having enough tomatoes to have a big bowl of them each day at this time of year is something I've never experienced before and something I'll hope for every year from now on.
1884 Yellow Pinkheart, Amazon Chocolate, Anna Russian, Black Krim, Black Pineapple,, Brandywine OTV, Brandywine Cowlick's, Brandywine Suddeth's, Chapman, Cherokee Purple, Crnkovic Yugo., Dr. Wyche's Yellow, Eva Purple Ball, Indian Stripe, JD's, KBX, Kosovo, Little Lucky, Mexico, Mountain Magic, Mrs. Benson, Northern Lights, Orange Russian 117, Polish Ellis, Porkchop, Radinilee, Russian Rose, Sandul Moldovan, Smarty, Spudakee, Sungold, Watermelon Beefsteak and Yoder's German Yellow are the ones that are most often providing my daily tomato fix.