View Single Post
Old August 25, 2016   #11
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Ricky, I had to set my Hanna meters at .74 to get my EC and PPM to match, interesting huh. This year I started using more MgSO4 than is recommended, I had good results too, but my length of day is almost 20 hours. This is a whole other topic though.

Mitch, I have no idea, my watering requirements are very different from Spring, to Summer, to Fall. I grew about a 1000 plants this year, 100 different varieties, in 4 different locations, everything is a little different, weather is the main factor though, and it changes daily and every year is different too. During Summer I may water 3 times per day on sunny days, once if it rains, in the fall I barely give them water once a day. It is a method that I have learned to use, I keep my cracked fruit to a minimum if I keep them evenly watered in summer, and then back off in the fall, even on BW types. I also have learned that some heirlooms do not like strong doses of fert, they bully out and fruit production is hindered.
I would not use the same MgSO4 as I use during peak season, your length of day is much different, I back off on that when my days shorten, and right now am using about 30 oz per one hundred gallons.
You can also use Flora Nova grow and about 2-3 ml per gallon of Cal-Mag for about the same results, run PPM the same, super easy. I sell that to my customers for ease of use to get wonderful results.

Last edited by AKmark; August 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote