View Single Post
Old March 31, 2016   #18
clkingtx
Tomatovillian™

Well, all I was able to do was loosen the handle part of the spigot, the nut came loose, so I put teflon tape on threads, screwed it back in, then turned the water back on. It fixed the leaky handle, but it leaks(more now, ) from the hose. If I put the sprayer on the hose to keep it from leaking, it leaks from the threads of the spigot where the hose is attached. The first picture shows why I am not attempting further repairs. It looks to be a threaded pipe, but is soldered on. I gave it a try, but I know when to call it quits. We have a call in to our plumber. We use a local small business. They have always treated us right. There are a couple of other small things I might get him to do if he has the time.

Thanks so much, everyone! I appreciate all your input so much!

Nothing surprises me anymore with this place, but we went in with our eyes open. We were in a nice house that we couldn't afford, and downgraded to one we could. Just couldn't see us paying all our lives(and hubby working himself to death) on a house that will never be paid for. We found this one, knowing it needed a lot of work. I expect that in the next 10-15 years(the length of the mortgage) we will redo or replace mostly everything(and we are planning to do so). But that is a small price to pay for peace of mind, and a home that belongs to us, not the bank.

Worth, I love that spigot set up, drooling over here, lol!

Again, thanks so much,
Carrie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (41.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (48.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (54.3 KB, 68 views)
clkingtx is offline   Reply With Quote