View Single Post
Old January 25, 2017   #45
b54red
Tomatovillian™

That is a much better explanation than most of the others I have seen. I started out using similar techniques myself and adapted my techniques to overcome some of the problems that cropped up as I learned and practiced. I only mist my plants during the time I have to leave my chamber open while doing the grafting. I will also mist them is I see too much wilting but I try not to over do it as I have damping off problems when there is too much moisture. It is kind of a balancing act that can't be explained perfectly. It does take some practice and adapting to the conditions at the time I am grafting. During the summer when I am grafting for fall or late summer plants the conditions are usually more difficult due to heat and fluctuating humidity.

I found also that I had much better results usually by placing the stems of both side by side and making the cut through both of them at the same time. This gives a much better match for the two stems than trying to free hand make a perfect cut on the potted plants and then match them up.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote