View Single Post
Old July 21, 2017   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I didn't want to reply to what I think it is, but it looks just like fusarium looked like in the early stages in our gardens.

Yes, Fusarium happens in New York https://nysipm.cornell.edu/agricultu...section-22-5-2
And if you look closely at that link you'll find that Fusarium is almost never a problem here in upstate NYS since it's a soilborne disease and up here the winters usually freeze the ground deeply,so kills the Fusarium as someone else here also noted.

The only problem with Fusarium is when nurseries and commercial growers have PLANTS shipped up from the south and get sold up here, I used to know the names of those places in the south that did that shipping but have forgtten their names.Not just tomato plants but also peppers,cabbage,cauliflower,etc.

But we do have what we call open winters here when the ground doesn't freeze much so yes F might be there for a year,but such winters are very rare here at all.

Yes,occasionaly we do see verticilium here but it usually self cures,at least in my experience.

Carolyn