View Single Post
Old May 27, 2013   #39
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

I am familiar with the techniques used down under. In fact I even posted a youtube vid on a thread last year on another thread. This thread here is for developing a new model that is scale-able . Yes we borrow from proven techniques like the one you posted. Absolutely 100% I borrowed from them just as they borrowed from Ruth Stout!

Remember, this is about developing a NEW model that can be used by both the backyard gardener, and with minor modification also used by the large commercial grower.

In my personal garden, which is separate from this thread and I have no photos of here, I actually use something very similar to your post. It isn't raised as much but it does even have a trench along the back for irrigation. That reminds me. Either this year or next I may have to dig that trench out again. it has been gradually over the years filling in!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote