View Single Post
Old April 22, 2016   #63
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

Update.. seeds finally starting to arrive but later than I expected. Today I have sown Early Half Tall Brussel Sprouts, they are a dwarf variety the plants are half the size of others so closer planting is doable I also got Igloo cauliflower which can be planted on 6 inch spacing.

My Minicole green cabbage is coming on nicely and my red Primero is looking good too..thank you.

Winnie the Pooh seeds are sown.
Mascotte dwarf beans are up 3 inches, height for those is stated as 10'20 inches. These are in a tub in the greenhouse which will be put outside when the weather is warm enough. I also have early carrots in a greenhouse tub too and my lettuces and new kales from there I am already eating.

Broad beans. peas , carrots, beet, parsnip and the Hahurei turnips are all up. Oh and I sowed a few Gilfeather turnip which are up too. Dwarf Kale is doing well . All of these are in my raised beds but not in the best light so my fingers are crossed.

I was bit irritated a couple of weeks ago although it seems very ungrateful, my daughter came home with some veggie plants for me, of course I had to put them in a raised bed which has cut down my options a bit as they are Brussels, caulis and cabbages but I shall pull them when very small to make room for todays sowings when they are ready.

Leeks are up in a pot but running late. Walla Walla onion plants are slowy getting bigger and my fall planted garlic is really coming on now.. I shall plant beans after it is out.

Regular tomatoes are in the greenhouse nowas are cucumbers. Micro ones are in their pots and will get cloned for winter harvest.

I broke my rule of veggies only this year and sowed some Hero of Lockinge melons for the greenhouse. The seeds were very old and I wanted some to keep. I only had 6 and of course you might guess 5 have grown..

I am still waiting for seeds of other mini things to arrive so will be back.

Pole beans are sown in pots Gigantes no sign yet but the seeds are very old.

Is anyone else growing a mini garden?

So all things considered so far I am enjoying the challenge

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote