View Single Post
Old December 10, 2016   #2347
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
Crnkovic Yugoslavian was the most efficient plant in terms of water usage and high fruit to foliage ratios in my garden. These are traits which would seem beneficial when reducing the number of stems, while increasing the density of plantings.

From reading, a couple of other plants that would also show these traits of smaller diameter vines, medium foliage, and high output would be Eva Purple Ball and Bulgarian #7.
Thanks for your input, Ricky Shaw. I even have EPB and Bulgarian #7 seeds from previous purchases. I've grown B#7 too Fall'15 - I never understood why Bulgarian Triumph was considered favorable to B#7. B#7 was a major producer and then halted which was common for me b/c they ran out of food.

How was the taste of Crnkovic Yugoslavian? Did you by chance save seeds? I would need 10-12 seeds.

IIRC, you had great success growing Cosmonaut Volkov in the summer, right? Do you think CY would be better for the experiment than CV?

---
Finally, while you are here, last summer when your plants were loaded with good size tomatoes, did you keep having continuous fruit set? or did it stall (less blossoms and even less of those blossoms being set)?

Thanks for your advice.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote