Thread: Wonder Soil
View Single Post
Old January 25, 2017   #58
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I'm thinking about buying a few bricks of WonderSoil for a raised bed, to avoid the transportation and lifting of heavy bagged products into the bed. Obviously I wouldn't be dumping at the end of the season so longetivity is important.

If you are re-using WS in the same bed or container, how has the product characteristics evolved over time, exclusive of using up the ferts. Has it compacted, broken down, etc. Have you added any amendments such as composted manure or vegetative compost and were they mixed in or top dressed.

I'll be filling a galvanized steel raised garden kit in partial shade near a hose bib with the possibility of a drip system so I'd like to not have the water retention if at all possible if this is an option with WS. I'm thinking of layering it with peat or composted manure next year but I'd like to hear how this product worked out in the field beyond the first season honeymoon period.

The dimensions of the bed are approx 7 feet long, two feet wide and 15 inches high

- Lisa

I called the nice folks at WS , and the organic product doesn't have the water retention polymer. The core ingredients vary slightly from product to product as well.

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; January 25, 2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: dimensions added, additional info
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote