Thread: Wonder Soil
View Single Post
Old February 11, 2017   #66
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I went ahead and ordered $50 worth for the free ship. I have been starting seeds in Wondersoil for about a week. I purchased a box each of the organic and the regular version with the moisture crystals. I bought the sheets instead of the brick from Home Depot and I love how easy the regular ws hydrates and stays moist. So far I've started a few herbs, lettuce broccoli and kale, and repotted celery in ws. I also started broccoli in jiffy mix and they are slightly bigger than the we. I'll see how they compare in a few days. For best practice I'll either cut back on watering or break open the product without the water crystals for tomatoes and peppers.

What I REALLY like about using we is the absence of fungus gnats! I hope they stay away...
I also have not crossed the path of how this will work with the dense planting method. I've been using individual cells with fusion_power's deep planting method for the broccoli and kale.

That's a good price for the quality of the coir. Have you calculated the cost when you add in your precision ferts, RS?

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote