View Single Post
Old June 12, 2014   #5
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Default The details

The plant swap will be from 1-6 pm, but it is come and go as you please. There are several demos planned: I will be demonstrating loading all the layers and ingredients of an Earthbox, and also seed starting for the newbies that are coming. We have a Tomatovillian from Plant City who is going to demo making tomato basil soap( yes soap, not a typo!) , she also has a world of knowledge of herbs and their medicinal uses as well as companion planting techniques, and a recipe for homemade fish emulsion. Another member here is coming from Oak Hill Florida, who will be doing a little presentation on grafting. Imagine 3 varieties of tomatoes on 1 plant! I want one

We are going to be having many Master Gardeners there, as I will be graduating from the Master Gardener program this next Wednesday, and the entire master gardener network will be invited.
There will be over 100 varieties of tomatoes, several types of hot and sweet peppers, several basils, lettuces, and other veggies, bromeliads, red decorative pineapples, and other ornamentals. Bring a dish, lets eat, learn, and get free plants!

Marsha