View Single Post
Old May 11, 2011   #14
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

Hi, I am very reluctant to be negative to a company but have to be honest in my opinion of Amishland.

I sent an order off earlier this year, payed by Paypal.

I received an e mail a few days later saying she was running late by 10 days.

Then a few days later I received an e mail questioning my address, " it looked funny"

I replied it was correct. I thought at the time this was odd as I had typed the address in on her site but having paid by Paypal it was ther same on there as a confirmed address.

I heard bothing for another three weeks.

One seed ordered was a Haitian tomato which was to be part of a basket of gardening things for a family member who lost everything in the earthquake last year and had come to live in Canada

I emailed Amishland asking about my order. I got a reply stating it was on hold due to a funny address. My address was shown on the e mail as correct. Normal address, nothing funny about it, number, street name, city, province, zip and country.

I answered stating I had confirmed the address some time before and she was showing it correctly, also Paypal had it. I also told her why I had ordered the seeds and the date for the 65th birthday was coming up and there was to be a big celebration.The seeds were part of a basket to start a new life here.

She replied, apologised, said about illness and being the only person for many seeds and she would send them the next day.She also said she remembered getting the reply from me confirming the address some weeks before.

The birthday was last Saturday, the seeds have never arrived.

The order was placed in lots of time to get here in Canada,even allowing for busy times etc.

I sent an e mail after the date saying they had not arrived and that I was very unhappy about.

I received a reply stating among other things that she would no longer ship to Canada and I was her last Canadaian order!!

Overall a very poor encounter with Amishland. I seemed to get one excuse after another for delays, funny address,overwork, too may orders, her health, confusion with two e mail addresses she has, the Canadain mail and Canadians orders in general. and it seemed the final message was to make me feel guilty about her no longer servicing Canada..

I would be very obliged if anyone has any seeds from Haiti that I can buy or trade as I would still like to finish the basket and hand it over. Amishland was the only place I have seen them for sale.

I absolutely hate to be negative about anyone but this was over the top.

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote