View Single Post
Old January 29, 2017   #19
MissMoustache
Tomatovillian™

Location: Cold hardy zone 4b-5a, Heat zone 4-5, Sunset zone 43
Default Super hots and some hots planted!

I meant to do these a week ago but I was down with the flu.

The super hots are for selling as plants to some local people who have asked. I'm not brave enough (not would my acid reflux stand it) to try them.

I've got: Red Scotch Bonnet, Carolina Reaper, Smooth Ghost, Blut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpian for super hots. I sowed 6-9 seeds of each hoping for 2-3 plants of each to sell.

Thai hot, Chocolate Habanero (have to plant some regular too yet), Cayenne, Ancho/Poblano, Joe E. Parker, Purple Jalapeño, Jalafuego Jalapeño, Serrano, NuMex Big Jim, Padron, Fish, and Early Jalapeño. I sowed 12-15 of each seed hoping for at least 6-8 plants of each.

Its currently 72-74F in my grow set up. I watered them with warm water to start, since this potting soil seems to have dampening off issues I'll be sprinkling cinnamon when I get home from work (need to purchase more). I meant to buy a heat mat but we had car troubles and there went any extra money. I do have Christmas lights I'm going to try to rig up something with my baker's cooling racks and the lights underneath them to generate heat to make them happy.
I have to go get another tray for my eggplants and the rest of the peppers! My setup is almost full already (I'll be adding some lights and shelves in February)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170129_122247.jpg (276.2 KB, 91 views)

gwendolyninthegarden.blogspot.com

Last edited by MissMoustache; January 29, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
MissMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote