Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old March 5, 2019   #520
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Haven't been posting much in the past few months...been too busy.

I got asked for my organic garlic powders in serious quantity from some local chefs. Some are just plain dehydrated/ground/powdered, some are roasted before dehydrating/grinding/powdering, and some are toasted a bit afterwards.

So far I've processed over 60lbs of organic garlic. That worked out to be just over 10Litres of finished powder! I'm lucky if I end up with a third of the original weight after the whole process.

Have also done the same process with multi-coloured heirloom carrots. The resulting powder makes a great soup base!

And I did a bushel each of organic cayenne and poblano peppers that I smoked, dehydrated, ground and powdered.

Oh yeah....and I've also burnt out 3 coffee grinders and so decided it was time to invest in a seed/nut grinder that is working well..so far. My old dehydrator was not very powerful, nor could I adjust the heat levels. So I invested in a new Nesco and bought 4 extra trays, so I now can stack 9 trays at a go...and I still have back up usually.

Been having fun mixing blends with all of these.

Still have to do some other veggies and ginger.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There is a fine line between genius and crazy.
I like to use that line as a jump rope.

~Anonymous (but I totally agree with this! LOL)

Forgive and Forget? I'm neither Jesus or nor do I have Alzheimers.

~ Anonymous

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.

-- Dr. Albert Schweitzer
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote