View Single Post
Old March 14, 2018   #10
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Wow! You use everything from tennis balls to irrigation pipe! Very pragmatic, using whatever is to hand.
Nan
I just hate to spend money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
That tennis ball idea is quite innovative, very interesting. For anyone working with PVC, the gray conduit has UV inhibitors in it, and will last a lot longer in the sun than the white pipe. It is only slightly more expensive.
The tennis balls came from the dollar store (cheap) and have a big X cut in them with an exacto knife. That allows them to be jammed onto the pipe. They come in handy especially when supporting bird netting and keep the netting from tearing on top of poles.

I use the pvc pipe for lots of stuff, just about for everything *except* irrigation. LOL! The bed boards are held in place with 17" lengths of 1/2" pvc acting as stakes. Why 17"? Because I can get exactly 7 stakes per 10' piece of pipe. The pipes holding up the bed sides have been in place for seven years now and are still going strong. The bed ends can be easily pulled out so I can run the tiller through the bed.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote