View Single Post
Old October 25, 2017   #59
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Root Structure?

Hi he is absolutely beautiful ...Hell you must have been devastated losing him...I know I would have been ...Thank goodness we do not have coyotes here although we have some 2 legged ones running around ....I just found a couple of photos....of roots from last season....These are Tasty tom roots and the plant was purchased from the grower via a garden centre as mature plants about a metre tall ...They were expensive but I believe they are cost effective so while I fiddle round trying to grow seedlings I have a number of these on order again when they become available...See how when I pulled it out it bought most of the soil with it...It took all my strength to lift it ....The plants from my seedlings had miserable root structures and I knew then I had to address this..

It alerted me to the fact I could not grow seedlings ..Although late my last seasons effort was pathetic...All the time effort and money hardly produced any fruit ...I am still late this season but I am hoping that I can get some decent plants for my efforts ...I just cannot believe the difference between the growers and myself...I am told its the hardening off process so hopefully I will find out if the growth chamber will make the difference...I can only try....Regards Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTA.jpg (153.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg TTB.jpg (89.7 KB, 24 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote