View Single Post
Old January 27, 2017   #51
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz77 View Post
I was thinking about growing Shishi!o next season but I see that it has disappeared from the list. I like hot peppers, but my stomach doesn’t, so I was looking for a pepper that could add just a little “temperature” to my salads and I read that Shishi!o is supposed to have less than 1.000 Scoville. If you’ve grown it in the past, how did you like it?

P.S. It's funny that you have to change the real name of the pepper and place a "!" instead of a "t". The Forum watches your mouth...

I grew it for the first time last year and it'll be back this year. They were more "warm" than hot so you'd probably be able to enjoy them. Once they get started, they seem to be heavy producers. I had three plants and with just two of us I think that was one plant too many. Thankfully they keep very well stored in a plastic produce bag in the refrigerator.

We never tried them uncooked or in salads, but they are really good when quickly fried whole and eaten just like that. Most of them, however, were fried and then cooked into a frittata -- they go amazingly well with eggs!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote