Thread: Pickles
View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012   #84
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

I don't know how special it is. But I make something I personally really like with Garlic. Peal several cloves of garlic but leave them whole. (about a cup) And pull the plastic flow spout off the empty end of a extra virgin olive oil bottle. Fill the bottle 1/2 full of Garlic cloves and 1/2 full of hot peppers. Pour Balsamic vinegar and salt over the whole thing and cap. I never actually use the garlic or the peppers, but I use the vinegar as a seasoning. Better than Tabasco once it ages a bit.

*WARNING*
This recipe has not been approved by the food police. Please use whatever canning method has been approved for your state or country. This recipe is intended only to serve as an ingredients suggestion, not as a canning or preservation method.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; October 16, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote