View Single Post
Old May 26, 2017   #10
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

I see aphids and spider mites. the one picture that says is this a bug? that is really bad mite infestation. clip off any leaves that look like that... covered in webbing. no help for that leaf at this point. insecticidal soap works fabulous on young infestations so does a hard spray of water from a garden hose, but it has to be directed at the underside of the leaves. My best approach to aphids when I had a really bad infestation in my greenhouse was ladybugs they got to the underside of all the leaves that were cupped or close to the soil line of any of the plants. if you can get beneficials established in your garden... because they have nectar, forage, coverage (hidey holes) and a protein source (bad bugs) they generally do a good job at keeping the bad bug pressure under control. I would be spraying with a (new, not a recycled one that you have had weed killer in)
hand pump pressure sprayer filled with soapy water-- on the tops and undersides of all leaves at this point and do a weekly scouting for the nasty bugs to keep them in check with the soapy water. the spidermite covered one may need to be pulled and tossed in a trash bag if the whole plant has those webs on it, and put in the garbage.