View Single Post
Old November 12, 2016   #48
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Keep us posted.

Thanks for stating the spacing; I was just going to ask you on the FL thread and did a search for broccoli. I am finally transplanting my starts and want to space much closer than last year and was looking at what our FL expert did.

I am way over a month behind even though this fall - since the hurricane has been so much cooler and better.

I am growing Castle Dome and Premium Crop. For me, Castle Dome seeds generate so much quicker but then as seedlings Premium Crop does catch up.
Barb,
I need to order a whole lot of more seeds. When my bush beans are finished in maybe 3 weeks I may consider starting a second raised bed of broccoli, but I will need transplants. You should be in good shape with your Broccoli. We are just now getting into the good part of the season for Broccoli. You may be surprised in how fast the Castle Domes start to head. You may want to start some more seedlings, so you could stick another crop in as soon as the first comes out. Also, in the Clemson trial they rated the taste of Castle Dome raw as the best. A few pieces are nice in a salad. We are still harvesting Arugula and I have some 2 Star lettuce left. 2 Star is the best I have grown to date in this area. Keep picking of the bottom and it just keeps growing.
May your Broccoli be marvelous.
Larry

Last edited by Zone9b; November 12, 2016 at 09:07 PM.
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote