View Single Post
Old March 21, 2018   #18
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

March 12th - March 15th

I had a Tabasco pop the other day, Yippee!

I dumped all of my Black Beauty Seeds and California Wonder seeds that were in the germination towels into 4" pots, we will see
Nothing from my Poblanos yet

Stopped at Home depot and picked up some potting mix that luckily increased in price a few dollars since my earlier purchase, yippee again I also decided at the last minute to plant some cantaloupe in place of the watermelon this year, dammit, stay out of the seed aisle at HD, Well I am going to stop after work today and grab some poblano seeds.

• Plants are doing well, even some of the Bok Choy came back from the brink of death.

• I'll probably plant the Bok Choy two weeks later next year.

• Back up under the lights for now, I really need to get these planted. These guys are really drinking up the water, I have to water every day and they are usually thirsty.

March 16th - March 18th

• Installed my remesh for the Spaghetti Squash and Yard long beans, but first I needed to paint the fence where the remesh will be mounted.

Started my tomatoes Saturday, I am trying something different this year with my tomato seedlings, cells are filled with potting mix, mix is moistened, seeds are laid on top of the potting mix, seeds are covered with vermiculite and moistened with a spray bottle.Water is added to the tray.

I did pretty good not overplanting the tomatoes this year.

• 3/17 Tomato, Brandywine Red [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, Cherokee Purple [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, True Black Brandywine [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, Rutgers [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, Box Car Willie [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, Matts Wild Cherry [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, Sprite [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Tomato, Gardeners delight [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Night Shade, Cape Gooseberry [HEIRLOOM]
  • 3/17 Cucurbit, Zucchini [Hybrid]

• Cantaloupe popped after 3 days

• Up potted my Peppers and Eggplants