View Single Post
Old April 4, 2018   #26
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

• Planted the remainder of my Spinach and Sugar Snap and Snow Pea seeds to use them up, I wont grow spinach anymore after this, instead of the spinach I'm going to try Perpetual Spinach

• The 10 day doesn't look too bad so I took out the Artichokes, Maypops, Bok Choy, and Cabbages to harden off. And now I have to watch the dogs like a hawk, of course they think this is a salad buffet, I mean Really! What kind of dog likes salad? Stupid dogs!!!

March 27th - April 4th

Well it's confirmed, Seedsnow made the mistake not me, now I have a ton of Bok Choy.

I Sent them this letter;

I wanted to drop you a line and emphasize my disappointment in your company.
In January I ordered Bok Choy, Waltham Broccoli, Red Acre Cabbage and Gardeners Delight tomato seeds.
Germination was great, however, the Broccoli I planted was not Broccoli it was Bok Choy, thinking I somehow messed up, I planted another flat of Broccoli, guess what ? More Bok Choy, I am very disappointed that I lost a year of Broccoli. I will no longer purchase from your company.

Sincerely yours
Disappointed customer

I ordered some supplies from Drip Depot to tweak my irrigation system.
  • This weekend was fairly productive. I got the Koi pond started and started repairs to the Faux Brick.

• The back pond is finally clearing up a bit.

• My daughter was home from college and I asked for her help, she finished painting the fence and front hugelkultur bed on the Koi Pond Patio, way to go Sam.

• Planted the rest of the Bok Choy and giving my Artichokes a bit of sun.

• Removing the pavers to add a drip line to the new planter on the side patio.

• I'm also a bit surprised my Hyacinths are still alive, they usually flop over after a few days.

• Testing Germination rate on my Oats, I'll be planting oats in half of my yard, I'll explain that later in this blog.

• I'm having troubles with my Hardy Kiwi Collection from Bakers Creek, they sent out a replacement that I am watching like a hawk.

• Also had one of my Yacon plants from Bakers Creek die (rear pot).

• Sorting my plants for better light exposure. The dam Black Beauty Eggplant Plants exploded, and I was worried about them? lol.

I also noticed some of the soil almost completely dry on a few of the plants, I was a bit confused, because I have been on top of the watering. After closer inspection it turns out that I did not finish last years task of putting holes in the bottoms of the cups, this could have been disastrous if not caught before this weekend because I asked the wife to bottom water the plants while I was away. I am leaving Thursday morning and won't be back until Sunday afternoon.

This weekend will be a wash, I'll be canoeing Camping on the Delaware River.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote