View Single Post
Old July 5, 2018   #4
Eric02476
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to you both - bumping (and sympathy) is most welcome. The state extension agency here in Massachusetts doesn't do much consultation for home growers, although I could pay for a lab test. Still, I might drop them a line.

The potatoes this morning continue to show sharp decline. Whatever this is, it's virulent and I fear I will lose most or all of the crop. I'm astonished with how quickly it moved - it went from "oh, looks like I might have some minor leaf blight but it's been dry so probably no biggie" to full-on assault in just 2 to 3 days.

Of course I've done a lot of Google text and image searching and haven't turned up a lot that really matches. Some images of various potato viruses look similar. I know a few things it's not: Alternaria, Early Blight, Late Blight, Septoria. I don't think it's simply powdery mildew - don't see any powder - although since the weather's been hot and dry I have considered it. Don't know how it manifests on potato. I did spray potassium bicarb (Green Cure) yesterday just in case that's it - might slow it down enough to get a little harvest. That stuff is only mildly effective on most diseases but great for PM.
Eric02476 is offline   Reply With Quote