View Single Post
Old February 8, 2015   #8
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

My webshop...I call it that because calling it a website does not imply a sales directly...is one of slow change. I rely on my webmaster friend to put the web site to gether, pay for the licences, etc. and list the seeds etc. I try to pack as many of the seed as I can on my end but it is time consuming. Not having pictures makes no difference on sales...I hope to get customers to take photos and report back to me. Too many of my tomatoes photos are like 123 3-31-14 and then I have to look them up in the pedigree book...not enough time for two people to spend together to sort it out and my printer doesn't do color well at all.

Every time Rob and I post that the site is open we get deluged with 90% of the sales for the year all in two to five days and it is a burden to both of us to get those orders out quickly. I try to list new varieties each year and most of the time it is from a single plant and just a fruit or two at that. Those varieties that I build up to thousands of seeds usually don't sell as well because I may have had them out the previous year and competitors have them as usual.

The TPS (true potato seed) is my specialty...and many of those are from single plants therefore not many seed are available. After all these years I am still not professional in my seed marketing!

Turbans Diversity is from a cross I made 30 years ago and have brough a diverse batch of related clones along in different filial levels. The cross was Pineapple to Turks Turban and this selection was favored for the flavor mostly. It is a big yellow beefsteak with a pronounced 'turban' (catface like a navel orange) and I wanted it to be tried here in the states and in Europe.

My webmaster is so busy collating orders that he doesn't know I packed an additional group of the Bluestem Yamali seed packs.
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote