View Single Post
Old September 29, 2012   #13
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
You need a new name for the method. The widely accepted commercial meaning of "no-till farming" means the use of Round-up Ready crops. The newest planters are "one-pass," meaning they spray and plant at the same time.
I actually am well aware of how they do it now. Monsanto was quick to hijack an idea first found in "New Farm" magazine by Rodale Press (same people who publish Organic Gardening Magazine) and add their chemical dependency and GMO's to it. A similar thing happened with the mulch idea when plastic companies hijacked the mulch concept and we now have "black plastic mulch". Sorry guys but in no way shape or form is plastic any kind of "mulch"! They can label it whatever they want but I will argue the point until I am blue in the face. Mulch is biodegradable organic plant material, not plastic. (and yes I know that organic has 2 meanings)

Both "mulch" and "no till" were around long before the corrupted modern commercial meanings of the terms. I am not against commercial, I am against poison in the food chain or the environment.

Think about it. Why would I need a GMO plant resistant to herbicides if I found a way to grow without weed problems? Do that and there is no need for either the GMO or the poison spray.

Then just maybe in the ideal world we could focus on commercial breeding of a nutritious tomato (or whatever) that actually tastes good!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote