View Single Post
Old July 5, 2018   #15
epenna
Tomatovillian™

another update....

The plants are doing great! they have bulked up significantly, and the only yellowing leaves are ones that are "inside" the plant, and down low, so I assume that means they are not getting enough sunlight.

I had to foliar feed with iron and zinc, and well as water in some magnesium. I put a couple of tablespoons of sulfur based acidifier around the drip line of each plant, which will slowly dissolve during waterings, but I am also continuing to use the diluted vinegar solution when I hand-water.

I did another soil test and the nitrogen level has risen to "Low" so I consider that a victory, given how great the plants look. But to my surprise, while Phosphorus remains quite high, Potash has dropped to low... so I have ordered some potash, and will be fertilizing with a 50-0-60 mix of urea and potash.

Weekly soil testing has really made a difference, and I would recommend it to everyone who is having any issues... I thought I had wilts and other unrecoverable problems, but they seem to turn out to be just nutritional issues...

Though I have been battling some aphids.

E
epenna is offline   Reply With Quote