View Single Post
Old March 28, 2008   #31
grovespirit
Tomatovillian™

New to me this year:
Swiss chard "bright lights" 6 weeks old, Looking pretty in a windowbox!
Purple choy sum- Waiting to germ.
Cress, Fine curled- Not yet planted
pepper, "Thai dragon" X "medusa" (personal cross, it is doing GREAT! Big clusters of medium heat Thai peppers.)
Rainbow Perilla "Magilla"
Mizuna- germinated 5 days ago
Anuenue Hawaiian lettuce (did not germ. for me in my MiracleGro potting soil, waaah. Will try again with remaining seeds in a soilless mix.)
Tokyo turnip (grown for greens), 2" tall
Okinawan spinach (purple on one side of leaves) from rooted cutting, 2' tall now.
Local dwarf tomato, "Kewalo" :Uniform ripening determinate bred at University of Hawaii to be resistant to bacterial wilt, mosaic virus and nematodes. 6-8 oz., red, round fruit with excellent sweet flavor. My 2 plants were STOLEN!! Next time these go in my back yard not the front.

Native hawaiian red currant tomato, volunteers that appeared in a rosebush pot. Hubby is fascinated with em, so I'm growing them out for now. But if I join the dual hemisphere dwarf tomato breeding project these will have to go... they x-pollinate everything too easily!

Chinese water spinach (Ipomoea aquatica)- doesn't need to be grown in water, just kept moist!

Hopefully... purple tomatillo and Fairy tale eggplant, if a trade for the seeds goes thru!

Maybe also (if I can find someone to trade for these):

#Chervena chujski miniature sweet pepper
#Mexican Sour Gherkin (dwarf teensy cuke from landreth seeds)
#Sweet Quartz VFNT: dwarf cherry tomato, reputed to resist my local pests and diseases.
#Udmalbet egg shaped, or Lao white egg-shaped eggplant

If you have even as few as 3 fresh seeds of the above to trade, please let me know. I don't have all my veggie and flower seeds on my trade list at this time, so I might have something you'd like... Please give me a chance to see what your wants are, if you have any of the above.

Or, if you're planning on buying the above, perhaps we can make arrangements to split the seed packs. For instance I could buy Chervena chujski, and you could buy the Mex Sour gherkin, and we could each send half the contents to the other person!

Thanks.
grovespirit is offline   Reply With Quote