View Single Post
Old January 21, 2017   #41
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
All I am doing is trying to help people and keep them from burning the house down or getting hurt.
Go ahead and cringe all you want hell you can even grimace if you so desire.

Worth
I guess we have the same goal. Are you monitoring the other poster's advice that answer questions? Are they as qualified as you? You are actually just a 'random' person on the internet telling people what to do ... you realize that? I'm trying to keep people from burning their house down from following internet bulletin board advice:

You are assuming that people are absorbing 100% of this thread and following each and every instruction .... fact is, they are skimming and absorbing 10%. Oh, I think I'll rewire that 3-way switch ... house burns down the next day. It is a lot of responsibility to think that you told someone how to do something and to trust that they follow your every word. I even see people posting on this thread like it is some kind of 'course work' ...

Advice such as this really does not belong on bulletin boards ... even if you know exactly what you are doing ... your audience is not up for the challenge (even though they think they are). Safety. Safety. Safety.

Where's the grimace icon?

Last edited by rhines81; January 21, 2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: If you don't know Neutral from Ground from Hot --- PLEASE GET A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote