View Single Post
Old December 19, 2018   #1
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

Default Indoor Garden 2018-2019 Revisited

Indoor Garden 2018-2019 Revisited

Testing phase

I decide to give indoor gardening another shot this winter, it's a bit late in the year but this will be a trial run for next year, if it is a success I will expand on it next winter 2019-2020.

I will be using my existing grow area to start the seeds and grow some herbs and leafy greens.

I planted some Black seeded Simpson and Parris Island Romaine for my wife, I felt bad for her, she loves romaine but has gotten sick from it twice so she won't ever buy it again, last time she got sick we ended up in the emergency room. I also tossed in some Beets to hopefully get a beet harvest so I can make some pickled red beets, but I'm not holding my breath.

November 24th, 2018

• Beets - Detroit Dark Red (59 days), Romaine - Parris Island (70 days) and Lettuce - Black Seeded Simpson (45 days).

November 27th, 2018

December 13th, 2018

December 16th 2018
  • Moved lettuces to individual pots.

• Beets seem to be doing well

December 17th, 2018

New grow area setup and trials

I was able to squeeze a bit more out of my Grow Area and will attempt at growing tomatoes and peppers along with my greens, the grow table will be for the herbs and greens and the new grow area will be for fruiting plants... this should be fun.

The hard part was finding a table for the new grow area, I didn't want to make another table, I just dont have the room, so I looked around the work shop and think I have a solution, but first let me get some more seeds started.
  • Planted some Baby Bok Choy - Suzhou Baby Bok Choy (30 days), Gardeners Delight Cherry Tomato (65 days) and an Abe Lincoln Tomato (87 days). I also ordered some Totem FI seeds (75 days)

December 18th, 2018

I ordered some "BR" bulbs, a UFO Full spectrum Grow light and a few Clamp Light fixtures for this project.

Today I planted cilantro (30 days) and Genovese Basil (66 days) and mixed up some fertilizer this is for my herbs and greens.

Nute Mix per 5 gallons for greens (20-18-38)

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote