View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016   #56
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulac View Post
[

A 100 gallon tank is a reasonable size. Of course if you intended to heat the house (expensive !) as well you would need something bigger.
Just for general information : In France we chose between the following capacities : 13kg (cooking) 35kg (cooking, hot water) often twin bottles. Then big tanks, in the open or buried, from 1000 to 3200kg (heating the house).

I'm sure there are strict regulations on gas installation in the US so I suggest calling a professional to have the job properly done.
Considering the fact I have made up many gas lines and high pressure lines exceeding 3000 psi and more I am capable of doing it myself.
Not all people are.
When I do put in gas lines for homes which I have I pressure tested them.

Here in Texas at least a home owner can do just about anything he wants.
Sometime there is an inspection sometimes not.
The tanks I am speaking of are portable and you have to load and fill them..
100 pounds is as far as I would go on a tank but I would have two of them with a selector valve.

I refuse to pay some local half wit plumber to run a gas line when I know I can do it better.

The last time I hired one the stub up he left me was out of plumb so bad I had to re-do it.
Sorry for the rant but we have some real crappy electricians plumbers and carpenters here where I live.
The last time I had an inspector come out and inspect my work he said it was better than anything he had ever seen from anyone.

If you dont know what your are doing find someone that does and make sure the person they send out has a license and not working under some that does sitting in an office.

There are so many people that do this here.
They hire illegal immigrants to work and they have no clue as to what they are doing and do crappy work.

Worth.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote