View Single Post
Old February 20, 2018   #19
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

I have heat mats...6 that are 4' long and a bunch of the single tray ones. I can't say that one brand is better than another. at their expense... the cheap ones are very economical. I have been using them for about 7 or 8 years and maybe have thrown one of them away. I have plug in ones and ones you need a thermostat with.a red rubber one, and thin black wire embedded ones that need a sheet of plastic on top of them ( I think these are my least favorite as they also have a layer of screen on top of the mat... I get my hair and my clothes snagged on the very nicely bound edge), ...I think I like the red rubber one he best though. it was the most expensive of the mats but it heats a bit better although I am not sure the difference in price is worth the "bit" nor does it scoot around when moving trays off and on the mat and the ones you linked to ALI.... heavy plastic "cheap" black ones that plug directly into the outlet. they could be plugged into a thermostat to control the heat like the other mats but they don't have to be. one temp is all you get if you plug it into the wall outlet. they work fine. I have single tray sized ones and a couple that are 48" long. they hold 4 trays.