View Single Post
Old November 14, 2009   #3
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantoma View Post
Was wondering if there is such a thing?
This year was my first for trying to grow eggplant. So I did some research reading through the threads here, reading catalog descriptions, and started a thread where people gave opinions. Rosa Bianca was the one that stood out for me based on descriptions. Unfortunately, my eggplants did very poorly in the ground. Not to mention it was a very mild summer here. Eggplant like heat. I grew a few varieties and only got eggplant on a couple of plants. A dark one so I think it was Black Beauty. The darned squirrels took all but 2.

Someone started a thread saying they liked Listada de Gandia just as much as Rosa Bianca, and it was more productive for them. I'll be trying both in containers next year.

While posting this reply I can't see your location, but if you're in a northern state, you might want to try an early variety as well. I'm planning on trying Applegreen since it's so early and I believe productive.

Another one I want to try is Round Mauve. Just like the way it looks in the pictures. Supposedly it's productive as well.
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote