View Single Post
Old June 26, 2018   #77
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

I admit I am confused. Snow peas a waste? What went wrong? Weren't they mammoth melting sugar? Those did fine here in raised rows w/o watering. Let us know what went wrong and maybe find a better fit for your yard.

The last few days I pulled about 2/3 of my peas as they are spent now and the heat is coming, but I picked a whole bunch before that. For snow peas I grew Oregon Sugar Pod II, Dwarf White Sugar, Dwarf Grey, Royal Snow, and Mammoth Melting Sugar. The last was the tallest and rather late but I still have that up to save seed. For snap peas I grew Sugar Sprint, Cascadia, Sugar Ann, and Sugar Heart. Also grew Desiree Dwarf Blauwschokkers (for the 2nd and last time). Everything came in strong here, except the Sugar Sprints in my raised boxes that were frozen and drowned in March/early April, then parched since late May. Even they put out a lot under the circumstances.

Your Jalapenos look great; they are way ahead of mine. I don't think I have any set yet, though I admittedly haven't looked them over closely. Do you remember what variety they are?

Last edited by JRinPA; June 26, 2018 at 01:07 AM.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote