View Single Post
Old June 17, 2011   #56
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iochroma View Post
I have encountered a few terms that are not in the glossary yet; perhaps the experts can help by offering a concise definition to add to the list. These are a few:
Catfaced
Stitching
Belly Buttons
I went back to post #1 in this thread and read through and the intent was to define abbreviations and I still think that's a good idea.

Sure, there's catfacing and stiching and belly buttons, and I could add interveinal chlorosis, concentric and radial cracking and horizontal cracking, and so much more, but I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to just stick with the most COMMON abbreviations.

COMMON b'c I sure can think of many other abbreviations that I've seen here that are used by only a few folks.

Not to take away from all the contributions that so many have suggested but I do wonder if we want to get into non-abbreviated terms, which, quite frankly, could be book length in nature.

As I often say to many, Google is your friend, and it really is for terms that are used, and this list of abbreviations is also valuable.

Want me to start making abbreviations for all the tomato varieties I've grown? Just kidding, really.