View Single Post
Old January 26, 2017   #6
shule1

I tried Jalapeno Gigante F1 in 2016. I had two plants in one moving tote. So, they were a bit crowded and probably could have gotten bigger. They weren't huge, but they were quite fat/broad, and good for stuffing. They were much fatter proportionately than the ones pictured on Burpee. Production was good. They didn't have much of the jalapeno flavor I'm familiar with, though, unfortunately.

I saved seeds if anyone wants F2s to try for breeding (although they may be crossed with any number of other peppers, including, but not limited to, the following: Black Jalapeno, Randy Sine's Evil Jalapeno, Jumbo Jalapeno, Corbaci, Planet F1, etc.) I don't bag my blossoms since I want them to cross (but I let them do it on their own, if they're going to).

Randy Sine's Evil Jalapeno sure had awesome flavor (it has a good strong jalapeno flavor that also reminded me of bacon); however, it's a pretty thin pepper (like a serrano); so, it's more difficult to stuff.

Anyway, Jalapeno Gigante F1 is supposed to be up to 5 inches long. My somewhat crowded ones were maybe 3 inches at the most.

Last edited by shule1; January 26, 2017 at 04:13 AM.