View Single Post
Old May 12, 2015   #25
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapout View Post
I would like to know what type of soil was used. Sterile potting soil would show increases in growth with the use of inoculates, but what about natural healthy soil that already has fungi and bacteria?
Tapout, I used Fox Farms Light Warrior. This is from their website page on it, "Light Warrior® is the ultimate grow medium for seed starting and transplanting. And it isn’t just a grow medium—we pack it with beneficial microbes to stimulate root growth and enhance fertilizer uptake, humic acid to help in seed germination, and earthworm castings to help plants thrive." http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/index.p...ow-medium.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
I got my mycos after I had already planted over ha
F my tomatoes. Is there some way I can drench around them to innoculate?
I bought a powder off Amazon with excellent reviews. Kind of generic looking package, don't rememebr the brand name. I also bought Actinovate to combine with it.
Tracy, Both products need to come in contact with the roots. I would gentle move soil away from around the stem of the plants and apply them to the top of the root ball. It has been my experience that Actinovate applied to plant roots by it's self can actual slow plant development for a week or so, but that doesn't happen when applying an endo product with it at the same time. You are wise to use both.
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote