View Single Post
Old September 8, 2006   #19
obispo45
Tomatovillian™

LMAO regarding the "take it into the john" comment!!! I have ordered from TT since 2004 and have never once encountered anything resembling a problem. Speedy, friendly, well-organized and other positive sounding adjectives come to mind when thinking of them.

Speaking of SSE I'm a new member. I had never gardened till 03'. Somehow I was directed/re-directed to their site during some random internet search way back when. My life, unquestionably for the better hasn't been the same since. Cannot obviously give SSE all the credit for turning me on to the heirlooms and OP'ed goodies but they lit the fire. I'm a fairly short drive to "the farm" in Decorah, IA and have been several times, including the summer conference back in July. I'm a gardening newbie, albeit slightly more passionate than some and was welcomed with nothing but open arms by Kent, Diane and dozens and dozens of diverse, experienced seed savers. Several of which I now consider close friends...not just names in the ol' tattered address book or holiday card acquaintances.

My meaning is that there is no meaning. The on- line world and its various communities are so anonymous for better or worse. Nothing works quite like a nice hand written letter and a follow up phone call. Its a big, smaller place(sorry Yogi Berra) but someone always goes and gets the mail.
obispo45 is offline   Reply With Quote