View Single Post
Old April 22, 2018   #27
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banadoura View Post
@Carolyn, except for some recently potted Omar's Lebanese Hearts, I don't have any hearts.

A quick googling on blight showed yellowing leaves with brown spots. This does not apply to my problem as the leaves bleach and dry.

Do you know if Silver Fir Tree is resistant to this? It's the only plant that is surviving and even blooming from 10+ varieties! Also, why does the problem dissipate when the plants start spending time outdoors?

I'll take those links if you still believe it's a blight variant
BINGO on what you just posted, and I'll get to that eventually.

Silvery Fir Tree has angora foliage and perhaps angora foliaged varieties are more tolerant. Without making comparisons with other angora ones I can't speak with confidence.

The BINGO refers to your comment about the problem disappearing when put outdoors, I assume with sun most of the time ,b/c that's exactly what did happen with my seedlings.

I would have taken off all the falling off lower brown foliage in the falling down greenhouse, then taken them out to the field to plant, and do so deeply so just a tuft of foliage was showing,and voila, all new foliage was perfect, and they were as perfect growing larger as one could hope for.

Carolyn