Thread: Radishes
View Single Post
Old April 18, 2007   #46
Granny
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

I always had the One Bite Rule too spyfferoni. Didn't allow any trash spitting though. And they had to make their own PB&J's if they chose not to eat. The 3 year old had to bite & swallow, but not make the PB& J themselves. And those who do not eat dinner do not get dessert. The "no dessert" crowd includes those who choose PB&J.

But then I had 4 kids plus all the extras and often my nephews. Even now I really have little idea what each child especially dislikes in the way of food. I think there is only one meal that I have ever cooked that nobody ever complains about. I have no idea what I would cook if I paid attention to what each of them does or does not like. So, I solved that by letting each of them have whatever they wanted for their birthday dinner - now a family tradition.

My mother used to drive my sis and me absolutely MAD whenever she took the grands; "Oh, you don't like that? Grammy will make you something else. Of course you don't have to eat that either! NEVER would Grammy refuse you a piece of cake!" They would come home and for a week eat nothing at all and pitch fits at every turn. I had some mighty go-rounds with my mother over that and have tried very hard NOT to do that to my own grands. Eat it, don't eat it - but go hungry if you don't.
Granny is offline   Reply With Quote