View Single Post
Old July 13, 2017   #11
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

So far I have only started seeds in flats. They are now about two inches tall and a bit spindly. Today and following days I will be putting them deep into small cups. Among them are Swiss chard, Michili Chinese Cabbage, Dutch flat cabbage, Pak Choi, Walla Walla Onion, Dwarf blue curled kale, Creole collards, and All seasons COL Cabbage. I have many more packs of seed of the finer cool season winter vegetables. I only planted a few seeds of the above; just to stay busy. It being mid July, I know it is early, but it will be at least a month before they go to the next set of larger cups. Today, the high will be a real feel of 105. In August it will get hotter. September is always an unknown. Our normal first frost is around October 20. I have never done well with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts here no matter when I plant them. That's fine as I don't think The last three are among my favorites and I can buy carrots cheaply. at the right time to My challenge is to start my second round of seeds for the finer vegetables and winter crop between the heat and the frost.
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote