View Single Post
Old September 29, 2013   #16
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

Thanks, your results duplicate fairly accurately what I achieved from those lines as well. I processed a bushel of potato berries from last years seedlings of Skagit Plenty that were planted as tuber lines this season. That bushel of berries translated to about a quarter million TPS (true potato seed) after I processed the extraction.

I am in direct negotiations with greenhouse producers in two states to grow many thousands of plugs for either transplanting to the field, mature out in the trays for mini tubers, or for a test marketing of six pack sales of TPS seedlings. The F-3 Skagit Plenties show surprisingly good vigor in all of the seedlings with nary a weak plant anywhere. The F-3 tubers were harvested by my cooperator on this deal, however, no berries were kept unfortunately.

I am going to display my Skagit Valley Gold potatoes and probably the Skagit Plenty tubers as well........ tomorrow at the Herb Farm Restaurant as one of five local vendors treated to a five course dinner with a tasting of many of my tomatoes catering to what I believe will be investors dining at the restaurant.

Some of you may not know this about the restaurant where I am displaying my wares:

Quote:
I had heard news of The Herbfarm for years. Many say is the best restaurant in the United States and “the ultimate expression of the Northwest’s bounty.” National Geographic declares it “The #1 destination restaurant in the world.”
I will be displaying for taste sample my newest tomato lines....Brady Bunch and Blue Dawg!

Mind you...I have never dined at the Herbfarm...the dinners are around $200 per person, so as an invited guest and vendor....I shouldn't complain. Should I tip?

The tasting event will last for an hour or more and the dinner lasts from 7 til 11:30. As I understand it they are making a tomato juice medley of many of my 140 varieties of tomatoes grown at the local organic farm that caters to the restaurant.

They have served Skagit Valley Gold potatoes at the restaurant for the last three years.
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote