View Single Post
Old February 12, 2015   #50
Christa B.
Tomatovillian™

This is my favorite way to make Eggplant. It is not healthy but it tastes pretty darn good. I made this up, so I don't have exact measurements listed.

Eggplant
Buttermilk
Panko Bread Crumbs
Hot sauce
Whatever seasonings you like or have on hand...salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red peppers etc.
Cooking Oil
Heinz Chili Sauce (or if you have a homemade chili sauce recipe,you can use that)

Peel the eggplant and discard the skin. Cut the Eggplant into long strips. I cut my strips about the size of large french fries. Heat some oil on the stove. You want the oil to be able to cover a layer of eggplant pieces, so use a good amount. Pour some buttermilk into a bowl, then add the hot sauce and stir. Use as much hot sauce as you like. In a separate bowl mix together the Panko bread crumbs with seasonings of your choice. Dip each strip of eggplant into the buttermilk mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture. Make sure your oil is hot. Add the eggplant in batches to the oil. Fry for a few minutes until brown. Use the Chili sauce as a dip.

Last edited by Christa B.; February 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Christa B. is offline   Reply With Quote