View Single Post
Old August 15, 2010   #10
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

I'm back from the basement where I just conducted an inventory of last year's MAGTAG supplies. While I was down there, I noticed that the area around the sump pump was flooding. Fortunately, all the MAGTAG stuff was in a plastic container. Dave discovered that the water was coming into the basement because the downspout outside had come loose. Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious.

Anyway, we're in pretty good shape as far as leftover supplies are concerned. Here is a list of what I found:

- Enough plastic cutlery for 3 MAGTAGS
- More napkins than you can shake a stick at (if that's your idea of a good time, as Grouncho said)
- 4 boxes of heavy-duty foil: 2 wide, 2 regular
- @ 20 reusable red plastic dinner plates
- @ 100 white Chinet plates
- Salt & pepper shakers
- Plastic bottle for olive oil
- 12-15 cheap steak knives, plus a large knife and large fork
- @ 35 plastic wine cups
- a dozen or so ballpoint pens
- @15 Sharpie markers
- Raid bug spray
- insect repellant
- Hand sanitizer
- Sunblock

Greg, I think I still have the penny system instructions from last year. If not, I'll recreate them.

I talked with Janet M (whose husband Greg M usually volunteers to grill with my husband) and she says they will bring hot dogs and hamburgers. So if you're a vegetarian or vegan, please bring some soyburgers if you would like them (of course, we alwaysl have plenty of veggie dishes at MAGTAG!)

So, as far as I can tell, we still need:
- More Paper Towels
- Coin Envelopes for Seed traders.
- Trash bags.
- Charcoal
- Lighter Fluid
- Grilling utensils (This was a big deal last year because I forgot ours!)
- Sausage (great idea! Actually, if you have anything that you want to grill, just bring it!)
- Did anybody mention duct tape and/or packing tape?

I plan on arriving before 9:00 and will have boring old bleached blonde hair again.

Gotta post this on the "other" website now...